Calling all 19 – 25 year-old youth in the United Church!
Would you consider ministry in the United Church as your vocation?
Would you like to see what ministry is like up close?
Consider becoming an Explorer for the summer of 2019!
The Explorer Program of Toronto Conference is an opportunity for youth to have an exciting experience of ministry in another part of Canada for three months in the summer of 2019.
An Explorer is:
- hosted by a United Church congregation in B.C., Alberta, Saskatchewan, Manitoba/Northwestern Ontario, or Newfoundland and Labrador
- is mentored by a United Church minister or other designated person in the local congregation where they are hosted
- is given opportunities to use the gifts that they have to work in the congregation with the minister
- provided with accommodation by the host congregation and a $5,000 honorarium (for the complete three months)
What are the criteria for applying?
A potential Explorer is:
- between 19 – 25 years old
- actively involved in giving leadership in their congregation in Toronto Conference
- willing to travel to another part of Canada from approximately May 1 – July 31, 2019
- considering UCC ministry as a vocation (there are no obligations after the program is completed)
The deadline to apply is November 19, 2018!
For more information please contact:
Dale Hildebrand, Conference Personnel Minister
E-mail Dale | Phone 416-241-2677 ext. 6261.