Welcome to Northern Waters Presbytery, in Toronto Conference, The United Church of Canada.
Ms. Marg Krauter
Conference Personnel Minister
Conference Program Minister for Ministry, Planning and Governance Support
Conference Minister for Community and Connection and Regional Youth Ministry
The Presbytery is the Court of the Church which oversees the business of the communities of faith within its boundaries, and assists those communities of faith in carrying out the mission of The United Church of Canada.
The United Church of Canada Manual describes the role and responsibilities of the Presbytery. Presbyters include lay representatives elected by their congregation and Ministry Personnel, including retired ministers, serving within the boundaries of the Presbytery. Presbyters and staff deployed to the Presbytery by Toronto Conference are responsible for the governance, administration and program related work within the Presbytery.
Northern Waters is one of 4 Presbyteries within Toronto Conference. For a description of our organization and policies see our Presbytery Handbook.
Vision and Mission
Called to serve all in the name of Jesus Christ, Northern Waters Presbytery in Toronto Conference will work in an inclusive way to build connection and community by encouraging and challenging the congregations and people of our area.
- In the mandated work of presbytery, we will take distance into account and will use creative means to enable presbyter participation.
- We understand that the work of ministry is done by the congregations. Our focus will be to empower congregational ministry, seeking new life not just survival. -We will communicate effectively before and after decision making.
- We will seek to engage the church in the changing culture in which we live.
- At presbytery meetings, we will provide and model uplifting worship, effective education and community building.
- In all aspects of our work, we will recognize that our Presbytery is diverse. We will remember that we include Aboriginal people, seniors, and youth, and that along with traditional congregations, we include outreach ministries, new church development projects and Camp Simpresca.
Camp Simpresca is a United Church camp within the presbytery on Georgian Bay close to the Town of Midland.