This public event, The An Act of Repudiation: Doctrine of Discovery & Terra Nullius s brought to you by the Canadian Ecumenical Anti-Racism Network, of the Canadian Council of Churches.
Thursday, November 23 at 7 PM – 9 PM
Toronto School of Theology
47 Queens Park Crescent East, Toronto, Ontario M5S 2C3
An Act of Repudiation: Doctrine of Discovery and Terra Nullius Today
Naming What Christian Denominations Have Done, Are Doing, and Can Do.
– Territorial Acknowledgement
– Naming who and what was ‘discovered’
– What is the Doctrine of Discovery? What is Terra Nullius?
– What is our experience of Doctrine of Discovery today?
– What is repudiation?
– Introduction of the Doctrine of Discovery resource from the Canadian Ecumenical Anti-Racism Network
– What are we doing, and what does repudiation look like now?