Welcome to Living Waters Presbytery, in Toronto Conference, The United Church of Canada.
Terry Davies, terry.t.Davies@gmail.com
Living Waters Presbytery Staff
Conference Personnel Minister
Minister for Congregational Support
Social Justice Animator
Youth Ministries Coordinator
Karen Hilfman Millson
Minister for Vision and Mission
About Living Waters Presbytery
Living Waters is one of 4 Presbyteries within Toronto Conference. For a description of our organization and policies see our Presbytery Handbook.
Living Waters Presbytery Mission Statement
The mission of Living Waters Presbytery is to be in life-giving relationship with pastoral charges, missions, camps, outreach ministries, ministry personnel, youth and others in our presbytery, with the wider church and with community partners.
To fulfill that mission, Living Waters Presbytery will work so that:
- we engage in dialogue with pastoral charges as a priority so that ministry personnel and congregants feel heard
- we seek justice
- we celebrate God’s presence
- we encourage stewardship of time, talents, gifts and assets
- we act as a resource and we share resources and learnings
- we are transparent, consultative and accountable
- we nurture the spiritual life of ministry personnel and lay people in our presbytery
- we include and engage youth in shaping the church
- we encourage and support congregations to explore new and additional ministries and missions;
- we seek to live out Living Waters Presbytery’s declaration to be an Affirming Ministry that is fully inclusive of all sexual orientations and gender identities in all aspects of the life and work of Presbytery
What is a Presbytery?
The Presbytery is the Court of the Church which oversees the business of the communities of faith within its boundaries, and assists those communities of faith in carrying out the mission of The United Church of Canada. Presbyters include lay representatives elected by their congregation and Ministry Personnel, including retired ministers, serving within the boundaries of the Presbytery. Presbyters and staff deployed to the Presbytery by Toronto Conference are responsible for the governance, administration and program related work within the Presbytery.
For more information, The United Church of Canada Manual describes the role and responsibilities of the Presbytery.
Camp Big Canoe
Camp Big Canoe is a camping ministry of The United Church of Canada within the bounds of Living Waters Presbytery. We are extremely proud of our camp! Located near Bracebridge Ontario, Camp Big Canoe offers a variety of excellent programs for children and youth from all walks of life. Financial assistance to make the camping experience available to all is available.